Managing a small business has its challenges. Trying to balance important phone calls versus those pesky solicitors can be tough. How do you filter these calls without wasting precious work time? Hiring a receptionist service such as OmniCall will certainly make your life easier.
OmniCall has endless options for you to fully customize your account. You let us know exactly how to answer, when to connect, and where to send your messages – whatever works best for you. Wondering which method IS best for you? Take our quick and easy personality quiz below to help break down your preferred style for your company.
On a sheet of paper, jot down the answer to the question that best describes your personality.
- I love a task that allows me to “dive in” without many interruptions.
- That describes me perfectly!
- Yes, that sounds like me upon occasion.
- No, I enjoy interruptions every now and again.
- Goodness, no! I have to be interrupted! It breaks up the monotony.
- I tend to be very talkative.
- Oh my goodness, yes! I could talk for ages!
- I have my moods where I just won’t stop.
- I’m not usually very talkative. . .
- Not at all.
- It doesn’t take me very long to redirect my attention after I’ve been interrupted.
- Most of the time, it just takes a few minutes.
- Sometimes, it takes me a little longer than normal.
- It’s usually difficult, but I do have my good days.
- It’s almost impossible to regain my attention.
- I ignore calls and let them ring to my voicemail.
- I always answer every one of my calls.
- I try not to let them go to voicemail.
- I’ll sometimes answer before it goes to my voicemail.
- If they want to talk to me, they have to leave me a voicemail.
- Which of the following statements describes you the best?
- I like answering all my calls, even if they’re not business related.
- I answer important calls and let the others go to my voicemail.
- I let all of my calls ring over to my voicemail.
You’ve finished the questions! Now, let’s get your test summary! To calculate your score:
- Each time you answered “A,” you get 3 points.
- For every “B,” 2 points are awarded.
- Each “C” is worth 1 point.
- No points are granted for “D” answers.
Add your points to determine your phone personality!
Chatty Chelsea/Charlie (A score of 10 or above): Talking to people brings you happiness, and you yearn to connect with your callers. You adore answering questions, regardless of the topic, and you don’t even mind a solicitation call every now and again. For Chatty Cathys and Charlies, OmniCall is more than happy to connect calls to any number you request—desk or mobile. An Omni receptionist will stay on the line after politely asking the caller to hold, and she will announce the call after you answer. All you have to do is let our receptionist know that you’re ready to take the call, and she will immediately connect you!
Picky Paula/Peter (A score of 5 to 9): You prefer to emphasize certain calls when they come in so you can focus your energy where it matters most. You want to ensure you’re easily accessible for a certain type of caller but unavailable to others. OmniCall has your back! We’ll gladly note to contact you about your potential new clients, or any other calls for that matter, to the number you have listed. We will simply let other callers know you’re in a meeting or unavailable at the moment, gather their information, and send it over to you. This way you’re able to tend to your highly important calls immediately while being mindful of your time and capability to do the work your clients value.
Rather Return Rosie/Robert (A score of 4 or below): You work best when you are able to carve out a section of time to be completely uninterrupted. Other times, you’ll need to meet with your colleagues in the office and may not always be close to your office phone. We’ll politely ask for the caller’s credentials and offer to take a message or send to voicemail, and forward the messages on to you via text message or email. We can even offer the caller a specific time frame in which you will be available, if you so wish.